Saturday, April 2, 2011

Amani so far...

So I'm having some troubles uploading pictures onto this site (faulty Ugandan internet!).  But for some reason, I was able to upload them onto Facebook.  So for you who don't have Facebook, I'll post the link.  http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=815889648638&id=19711167&aid=2352325

I am having an amazing time here so far.  It is a beautiful sunny day, and I am overlooking Lake Victoria.  Jinja is an incredibly gorgeous city.  I will definitely post pictures of it so you know what I am talking about.  I have worked 2 days already at the orphanage playing with the infants and toddlers, feeding them, bathing them, and putting them to bed.  And now we have the rest of the weekend off.  The last two days have been tiring because I am still very jet-lagged, but also those +30 kids have me running around everywhere!  But seeing them smile or making them laugh is worth the aching back and the feeling of exhaustion!  Within the next couple days, I think I'll be feeling more rested.

I'll write more later, but now I'm heading into town on a boda boda (Ugandan motorcycle taxi) to go explore Jinja!  Hope you enjoy the pics so far!  There will be many more to come!  :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment